A Second-hand or a Reconditioned Stannah stairlift comes with the same quality guarantee as a new lift, and could be the right option for you, whatever your stairs are like. Whether you have a straight or curved staircase, a second-hard stairlift could give you the freedom of movement you thought you’d lost.
A pre-owned Stannah stairlift is tested rigorously by our team of engineers, and only receives a ‘Reconditioned’ badge when we’re 100% sure it meets our own exacting standards of quality and safety. You can be sure that when a refurbished Stannah stairlift is installed in your home, it is every bit as good as a new one. After all, it still has the Stannah name on it.
What does reconditioned mean?
If a stairlift is reconditioned, it means we’ve:
- Made sure it complies with the highest safety standards.
- Done a rigorous 42 point check to ensure the stairlift is in perfect working order.
- Upgraded parts where necessary to meet current safety & technical specifications.
- Given the reconditioned stairlift a unique serial number so we can verify its full history.
When you pay for your reconditioned Stannah Stairlift, you also get:
- 24 hour, 365-day rapid service support from locally based engineers.
- Installation by trained, certified technicians.
- A comprehensive 12-month guarantee.
- Full product documentation.
- One free service.
Should I buy a second-hand stairlift from somewhere else?
You can, but we would never recommend that. Why?
- Once you have the stairlift, how would you install it? One of the perks of buying a reconditioned Stannah is that we install it for you – for free.
- Stairlifts are designed to fit a specific house. There is no guarantee that the same stairlift will fit onto different stairs, especially if the stairlift has a curved rail. If the rail doesn’t fit the stairs as perfectly as it was designed to, we can’t guarantee it meets all the safety regulations it did with its previous owner.
- You don’t know the history of the stairlift. When you buy a reconditioned Stannah Stairlift, it comes with a specific barcode that allows us to check its history. That way we can make sure nothing has gone wrong with it before, and that all regulations have been followed with its maintenance.
- Once you’ve bought a second-hand stairlift from someone else, you have no guarantee that it’ll keep working for you in the future. When you buy from us, we give you a comprehensive 12 month guarantee and one free service.
It’s not worth risking your safety in such a dangerous area of your house. With a reconditioned Stannah Stairlift, we can make sure you stay as safe as you should be in your own home, so you can carry on living independently for as long as possible.
Our trusted dealers offer reconditioned stairlifts almost all over Australia, with the exception of South Australia where this service is not available yet. Find a Stannah distributor nearest to you and find out more about our reconditioned stairlifts or to schedule a home visit.